Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Merry Month of May



Hello, world.  After a small lull in life, I've actually been busy!  Thus, the lack of posting has gone from nothing going on, to many things going on!  Hooray!

Here is what we've been up to:

First,  Happy Birthday to me!
I'm a quarter of a century!  So weird.  We celebrated by eating Coldstone ice cream cake (yum!) and going to see the new Iron Man 3.

Second, Moab!

I was slightly worried about going to Moab (even though it was only for 2 nights) because I didn't know how Russell would handle the car ride, hotel, meals, naps, etc.  Things turned out great though and we had a great time!  We spent the short little jaunt mostly in Arches National Park. 


Fruit snacks = How Russell's mood survived Moab

Family portrait at Delicate Arch

The only naps Russell got while we were gone were in the back pack (or as Russell would say, "cock cock").  He handled the back pack so much better than we thought he would.

Yup, we wore him out.


My little wilderness explorer



Sand Dune Arch

 Smiles!


Russell loved all of the little rocks


Third, Mother's Day!

I'm the mother to an adorably wonderful little boy and I got a hand made flower from nursery (the blurry thing in the picture).  I don't think the day could have been better!


Fourth, a Wedding!

My little sister is now Mrs. Whipple!  Chris and Alison got sealed in the Salt Lake City temple on Saturday, May 25.

The weather could not have been more beautiful!  Here are my two men at the temple.

My cute little family

Scott, Sutton, and I at the temple.  We were so lucky to have so many out of town friends and family in for the wedding!  My amazing older sister was also in town for almost a whole week (yippee!). 

The happy couple

Cutting the cake


Fifth, Memorial Day and a Handsome Husband's Birthday!

How do we detox from a wedding?  Heading up to Fairview for some cabin time the day after the wedding, of course.


 This is such a classic Russell face and an enthusiastic "OK" usually follows. 


My adorable husband celebrated his 27 birthday at the cabin

We ate like kings!  Here is some delicious baked french toast with amazing praline topping.

Russell by the lake 



The cutest little critter out in the woods!

My dear sweet husband decided to take a dip in the lake while we were there.  I'm surprised (but happy) that he didn't get hypothermia.  It was pretty cool out of the water.  I can't imagine what it was like in the water!

Well, there is a summary of what has been going on!

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness. I love this post. it is so cute and so fun. you have such a beautiful family. I am eager for the next addition to your family.

    ReplyDelete