Friday, October 5, 2012

Get in the Picture

I saw several responses on Facebook the other day to Allison Tate's article "The Mom Stays in the Picture."  I suggest you read it, but if you forego reading the article, the basic premise is about how important it is that moms get into photographs with their children.  Tate talks about all of the things that moms do for their children and families that go unnoticed and undocumented.  She also talks about how most moms (me included) are too willing to be the ones behind the camera.  Many moms are too self conscious about their looks and are afraid of documenting their not-so-perfect selves.  Everything that Tate said rang too true to me.  Although I do try and remember to hand the camera over to my husband, most of the pictures of my precious little Russell do not include me.  I want my sweet Russell to look back on his life and not only have it be documented with photographs, but have me being with him also documented.  So, Allison Tate, thanks for your article.  Right after I read the article I took pictures with my sweet Russell.  He had just woken up from a nap and I had just finished doing some housework and was getting ready for a dance rehearsal.  Needless to say, neither of us were aesthetically at our best, but it is okay because . . .





I got in the picture.

3 comments:

  1. i like the bottom picture the most. so cute! and yes so true what that gal said about pics and moms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Great point. Such cute pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still think you both look good.

    ReplyDelete