Sunday, December 30, 2012

Katie's 2012

2012 was a great year.  Here are some of the wonderful things that happened to me and my family:

  • I graduated!  Hooray!  I'm now supposedly an educated woman and I'm supposed to be able to do awesome things.  I will sure try.
  • My sweet baby boy turned 1.
  • We bought Dallin a new 2012 Kia Rio.
  • I lost all of my baby weight (plus a little bit)!
  • I got to participate in a production of "A Christmas Carol" at the Centerpoint Legacy Theatre.
  • Dallin and I got to go on an awesome vacation that included swimming with a dolphin named Thelma.
  • I participated in three different 5k races and got better with each one.
  • Russell keeps growing and becoming cuter by the day.
  • We have almost finished painting our entire house.  It has taken us 2 1/2 years, but we only have one bathroom left.
  • Dallin continues to be the man of my dreams.
  • I got to perform for the General Relief Society President, Sister Burton, with my amazingly talented brother.
  • I saved over $1,000 using my fresh values card at Smith's (and there is my coupon savings on top of that . . .).
  • Russell has quite the vocabulary, including complete sentences like, "where did it go?" and "what's that?"  We are still working on "mama." 
  • I completed the Suzuki Violin Book 1 training course.
  • I got to compete in the National Association of Teacher's of Singing National Musical Theater competition in LA.  My sweet Mom went with me.  The competition was amazing and Disneyland was included (yup, just me and my Mom!).
  • I attempted to expand my domestic skills by taking up some sewing.  I've now completed a couple of projects that only consisted of straight lines.
  • I was called to serve as the Young Women's secretary in my ward.
  • Dallin continues to be a computer whiz at L-3 Communications.

That is what we've been up to!  Happy end of 2012!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! What a fabulous year!! You are so accomplished :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it was a pretty good year. Here's another accomplishment: You wrote 60 blog entries!

    ReplyDelete