Tuesday, October 8, 2013

If You Are Wondering What To Say . . .

Hi Folks!

I haven't written much lately.  Mostly to avoid publishing a diatribe of how much fun pregnancy is. Not.  However, I have recently reached the 8-month mark (hooray only 1 more to go!).  In honor of this milestone, I'm going to educate you on what NOT to say to someone who is 8 months pregnant (or any amount of pregnant).

And yes, these are all things that people have said to me over the last month or so.

  • Are you sure there is only one baby in there?
  • When are you due?  (November 6th)  Are you sure your doctor got the due date right?
  • You look like you should be headed to the hospital.
  • I was watching you perform and was praying you wouldn't go into labor.
  • You look like you're about to pop!
  • Let me show you a picture of my daughter that just had a baby so maybe you won't feel so fat (although I hadn't said anything to her about being fat).  Don't worry though, her baby was 8 lbs. 11 oz. How big was Russell? (9 lbs . . .)
  • When are you due?  Oh, you look farther along.
  • When are you due? Oh (and they walked away)!
Pregnancy is hard enough.  Pregnant women don't need help feeling self-conscious about how huge they may be.

3 comments:

  1. but seriously! I love this list! Hang in there only a few more weeks!!! we should get together once we both have our kiddos here, that would be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I can't believe people think it is ok to say things like that. Don't people have brains anymore???

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. this list should be burned! like i want a ceremony for you where we do some kind of vodoo thing to the list. seriously this is crazy. no shame or class from anyone now a days. thats stinky to have to deal with it katie. and i am sorry for you. but i also know that you are one tough woman and that you can take them all on. and honestly. . . i have always felt you are one of those woman that looks amazing during pregnancy. i mean. . . gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete