I consider myself a pretty with-it person, but lately? (Shakes head) I feel like the biggest idiot. Those of you who have had the privilege of being pregnant, know exactly what I mean. I feel like I have completely lost it!
When I was pregnant with Russell, I was in full-time school. Looking back, I have no idea how I did it. Rehearsals, rigorous class schedule, papers, homework, practicing . . . I'm glad I survived without being labeled the biggest idiot in school (at least I think I escaped without that label).
Well, all you readers, I'm going to share a pregnancy brain moment from this pregnancy with you.
This was one of those moments that I had to immediately laugh at myself otherwise I would have cried (because I like being with it)!
It was a fine summer morning and I had three tasks to do:
1) put a store return in my car
2) put some thank you notes in the mailbox
3) put a poopy diaper in the outdoor trash can
This is what happened:
1) I put the store return in the trash can
2) I didn't remember my thank you notes at all
3) I put the poopy diaper in the mailbox
Go Katie.
Luckily, I realized what I had done (where is that return I was going to make?) pretty quickly. Getting the return out of the huge black trash can was difficult. The can was completely empty (except the return) because the trash had just been collected. So, I had to tip it over and crawl my pregnant body halfway into the garbage can before I could reach the return. I caught the poopy diaper in the mailbox before the mail man came (thank goodness). I would have been so embarrassed and what would the mail man have thought? The thank you notes eventually made it to their designated thank you-ees too.
At least there is some humor in being an idiot. Only 11 more weeks to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment