But they aren't too terrible.
Here is why . . .
- Russell allows me to hear myself in stereo - Russell is always good for a reminder on what I say and what I sound like. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. Being able to hear myself is helping me be a better person.
- Russell always gives Hannah good night hugs - All animosity Russell might have about having a little sister is directed to his parents, not his little sister. I hope these nightly hugs are just the beginning of a great sibling relationship!
- Russell's pronunciation of several words is hilarious - I didn't get sick of hearing our Christmas tree called the "garbage tree" this last month, helicopter is clearly better when it is a "cop-a-ca,"and Russell loves to watch "Bob the Dill-der."
- Russell has spirit - "Go Utes!" is heard frequently at our house. According to Dallin, he is being brought up right. Russell will say "Go Utes!" emphatically whenever he sees a University of Utah logo, at the end of the Utah fight song (which he requests from Dallin often), and at the most random times you could imagine.
- Russell has brought out the little boy in me - Even growing up with a Dad and brother who love cars, I never knew I would be asked to play cars and trains so many times. It is honestly at least thirty times a day.
- Russell is sympathetic - Whenever I seem sad, Russell will say, "Don't worry, Mommy!" Whenever I'm lying down, Russell will say, "poor Mommy!" (very dramatically I might add) Yes, poor Mommy.
- Russell makes car rides fun - Who knew that seeing a semi-truck could be so blasted exciting?!
- Russell is protective - Russell informs me whenever there are monsters outside of our house . . . and then he runs and hides under the kitchen table.
- Russell adores his Daddy - Rightly so! Dallin has earned every moment of adoration that Russell gives him. It is magical to me to see the Daddy/Son relationship growing between the two of them.
- Russell thinks I'm a Princess - What girl doesn't want to be a princess to at least one person? If I wear a dress, or even my bathrobe, Russell will call me a princess. And I love it.
- Russell is so stinking cute - Even when he is screaming and being a pill, he is so cute. Have you seen his cute brown locks, his enchanting eyes, and his freakishly beautiful and long lashes? I can't get enough of how cute he is.
- Russell knows what he wants - A blessing and a curse.
- Russell is OCD - Also a blessing and a curse, but his OCD moments can result in hysterical moments. For example, Russell freaks out when there are holes in socks. It doesn't even have to be his sock. One night, Dallin was reading Russell a bedtime story when Russell noticed that Dallin had a hole in his sock. Russell screamed, pointed to the hole, and said "PIGGIES FALLING OUT!" Hil-a-ri-ous.
- Russell loves his extended family - I hope that Russell, Hannah, and any other children we might have always love their extended family. Russell adores his grandparents, aunts, and uncles. I'm sure he would adore cousins too . . . if he had them. Russell heard a knock on the door the other day and ran to the door yelling, "Grandma and Grandpa!" Unfortunately, it wasn't them. Fortunately, it was his Uncle Scott. Russell was okay with that. Russell also knows that all four of his grandparents, four uncles, and six aunts all adore him. Russell is also okay with that!
- Russell is proof that absence makes the heart grow fonder - Spending everyday with his Mommy must get tedious and boring and there are days he has clearly had enough of me. If I run an errand without him, Russell will always greet me upon my return with a big "Mommy!" and smile. Love it.
- Russell keeps me informed of what is going on - If Hannah starts crying, he lets me know she is crying. If my phone is ringing, he lets me know it is ringing. If someone is knocking on the door, he lets me know someone is knocking on the door. Russell will even tell me when I'm down showering. Thank you, Russell. Thank you.
- Russell makes me feel super cool - Did you know I drive a race car? Woohoo!
- Russell runs up - Russell gets more air when he runs than distance. It is so cute! Unless he is trying to run away from me . . .
- Russell loves to cook - Russell makes me chicken and ice cream several times a day. They are delicious!
- Russell also loves to bake - Nothing can flip Russell's mood quicker than if I ask if he wants to make cookies. Some of our happiest moments together are in the kitchen. He loves to help!
Despite the difficult adjustments of having a new little sister and having the mood of a stereotypical 2-year old, Russell is a joy and I love him so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment