Remember my little rant about a certain adorable little elephant?
Well, our Disneyland trip has now come and gone.
Dumbo still makes me depressed.
The story goes like this . . .
We arrived in Anaheim about 3:00 pm and had enough time left in the day to spend several hours in the park. We dropped everything off at the hotel, and headed off for an afternoon of happiness. Because of the sun, the visor on our stroller was pushed down and the kids couldn't see much as we walked into the park. We took them into Fantasy Land knowing that those rides would be the perfect way to break Russell into Disneyland. We push up the visor on the stroller and the first thing Russell can see is . . . the Dumbo ride. Russell got so excited and immediately yelled "Dumbo!" So, of course, the Dumbo ride becomes the first ride of the trip and the first Disneyland ride my kids have ever been on. Russell loved the ride! It made me so excited that the magic of Disney was already getting to Russell!
Fast forward several hours . . .
We are back in Fantasy Land. It is late (about 10:00 pm Anaheim time). My kids are exhausted. I'm exhausted. We are waiting in line for Peter Pan and getting ready to watch the fireworks (there is a secret line for Peter Pan during the fireworks, FYI). The fireworks start and scare Russell. Out of our whole party (we were there with my family), Russell wants me to snuggle him and do the high honor of covering his ears. So there I was, snuggling my precious little boy, watching magical Disneyland fireworks, and standing next to the Dumbo ride. I was starting to get emotional and then . . . "Baby Mine" came on during the firework show! I LOST IT! I started bawling in Disneyland. All because of an adorable elephant who just wants his mommy.
I wondered with my first Dumbo post if I would cry on the ride. I didn't cry on the ride, but I cried by the ride. Oh the things having kids will do to you!

No comments:
Post a Comment