Sunday, May 13, 2012

It Takes a Village

I believe in the saying, "It takes a village to raise a child."  I've been blessed with a wonderful "village." The influence of so many women (and men) during the course of my life has certainly impacted me for the better.  My successes and how well I've turned out are definitely a result of all of those wonderful people.  The women in my village include grandmas, my mother-in-law, aunts, sisters, sister-in-laws, neighbors, friends, school teachers, music teachers, and the mothers of my friends.

I try to be consistently grateful for the people around me who have helped shaped my life.  Being Mother's Day, I have an added level of gratitude for all of the women in my life.  I am so blessed and lucky.  I want to wish all of these wonderful women a very happy mother's day.  Whether they are mothers or not, they have been a mother figure to me and I'm sure several other lucky people.

These wonderful people hope that I am part of the village for others.  I hope I am an example and help to the kids and people around me.

This Mother's Day has been extra special to me because it is my first Mother's day actually being a mom!  What a privilege it is to be the mom to my sweet Russell!  I wouldn't trade the role of being a mom for anything in the world!  Russell helped me celebrate this special day by showing off his very first tooth and becoming an official scooter!  He has been all over the place today!

I would also like to also wish my own beautiful and loving mom and happy Mother's Day.  My mediocre skill with words can't describe her with justice.  It is my privilege to be her daughter.  She has taught me how to be an independent woman, and yet I know she will always be there to take care of me.  She is the epitome of a wonderful, loving, and attentive mom.  She knows me better than anyone.  I am proud of her accomplishments, how brilliant she is, how she raised us kids, how she makes everything beautiful and special, and how she lives her life.

I love you Mom and happy Mother's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment