My Mom and I started to watch the PBS series, Downton Abbey, this summer. Needless to say, we have become obsessed just like everybody else who has watched it. We are about half way through the second season and we are dreading having to wait until the third season starts early next year (cry!). For all of you fellow Downton Abbey fans (and I know there are several), check out these books! My mom discovered them and they have made our Downton Abbey experience even better.
"Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey: The Lost Legacy of Highclere Castle"
By Lady Fiona Carnarvon
The author of this book is the current Countess of Carnarvon and highlights Lady Almina who was the countess during the same time Downton Abbey takes place. I'm about half way through and it has been interesting for sure! I keep hoping that some of the fictional characters from Downton Abbey show up (where are you Mr. Bates?!), but despite my unfortunate luck, I'm still enjoying it.
"The World of Downton Abbey"
By Jessica Fellowes
Jessica Fellowes is the niece of Julian Fellowes, creator of Downton Abbey. The book highlights several aspects of life during the time of Downton Abbey from society, life of the help, war, and romance. The book is full of beautiful pictures from Highclere Castle, the beloved TV series, and photos from way back when. It is so fun to look at and read and is the perfect Downton Abbey companion!
So, my fellow Downton Abbey fans, read on!
I loved The World of Downton Abbey just for its pictures and quotes from the show. Such a fun obsession. :)
ReplyDelete