My baby is a hair model. His hair is so thick, dark, and curly! It is gorgeous! It is getting a little out of hand though. This morning I decided to be brave and try and cut his hair. I would have never attempted this if I was cutting off curls that I thought would never grow back (I just couldn't have done it!) or if his hair was straight so uneven cuts would have been more obvious. I'll have to admit, I think I did an okay job! This doesn't mean I'm now planning on cutting my child's hair for the rest of his childhood. I want him to look his best and I know I'm not the one to be always be able to do it! Plus, cutting hair is too stressful!
The whole experience was a little entertaining. Trying to distract a mobile baby was anything but fun. I finally gave him a cookie (at 7:30 am!) to distract him and that worked pretty well.
Here is his before picture. His hair is curlier when it is wet and has a little bit of lotion in it, but looks like this once he has slept on it. It is so long!
Here is the after! Pretty cute, right?
By the end of the hair cut he had managed to spill milk out of his spill-proof sippy cup (hence the paper towels) and there were chunks of cookie and hair everywhere. Bath time promptly followed.
Hooray for a big baby milestone and for Russell being a champ during the event!
Looks like you applied the same technique as those infomercials, show a before picture with his hair messy, and an after picture with it all done right. Looks good!
ReplyDeleteHe looks so cute. I see his beautiful mom in his features. :)
ReplyDelete