Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Here Comes Peter Cottontail

I love Easter.  This year was especially exciting for me because it was Russell's first Easter.  I was probably a little too excited.  I wanted to Russell in the mood for Easter (as much as 9 month old could be), so I pulled out his Easter basket and some plastic eggs for him to play with a few days before.  He loved all of the colorful eggs and looked like a little Easter egg himself!  The eggs fit perfectly into his little hands.
My little Easter egg

Pulling eggs out of the basket

Russell made quite a mess of the room

Growing up, my family would attend a big Easter egg hunt hosted by my Great-Grandparents.  This was always a big deal for me and was always a mark for me that spring was here and summer was on its way!  The hunt hasn't taken place for several years because my Great-Grandparents have both passed on.  However, this year the hunt was held and I was so excited for Dallin and Russell to attend!  It was still held at my Great-Grandparent's charming house.
My Grandma showing Russell around her parent's home

My Grandma and Russell
Look at this face . . .

Love these boys!

Russell in front of the flowers

Me and my Russell

We spent Easter Sunday with my parents, brother, and Grandma.   The evening began with the biggest blowout Russell  has ever had.  It got all over Russell's Easter outfit that I was so excited to show my parents.  My Mom threw the outfit in the wash and it was back on him by the time we had the Easter egg hunt.  It was obvious who was the Easter bunny's favorite person at the hunt.  Russell was completely spoiled by the hare.


The Easter gang (minus my Dad who was taking the picture)


Hunting Easter candy!
Yes, my son is wearing Easter bunny ears.
Russell loves anything soft and was thrilled to find the Easter
bunny had left him this stuffed lamb!


 


We didn't get around the hunt we had put together at our house until Monday night.  So, Easter was spread over 3 days with 3 hunts.  Our house is now exploding with Easter candy.



As great as all of the Easter festivities are, we shouldn't forget the real reason why we celebrate this wonderful holiday!  All my thanks in the world to a loving Heavenly Father who sent his selfless Son who was willing to atone for my sins and the sins of everyone I love!


Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment