Friday, February 17, 2012
Hardest Mommy Days
My family and I have been pretty fortunate because we've had a pretty healthy winter. We have even gotten Russell through his first 7 months without getting sick! Hand sanitizer and clean hands have been a top priority for me during his little life. I came down with a small cold when Russell was about 2 months old, but it was nothing awful enough to interrupt any of my usual activities and he was small enough that he couldn't tell there was something different with Mommy. Well, now I've come down with the flu and so far the last couple of days have been the hardest for me so far. It hasn't been hard just because I feel like crap, but because Russell can tell that something isn't quite right with his Mommy. You can tell he is so confused why I haven't been playing with him, why I now carry him face out (I usually face him in because I kiss his cheeks practically constantly when I carry him), and why we haven't been snuggling (or at least me attempting too). I know my efforts in trying to keep him from getting sick will probably pay off, but it has been so hard. Up until now, I haven't encouraged him to hold his own bottle. Yesterday, I thought it best that he tried to so I wouldn't be breathing down on him while I fed him. He held his bottle so good! Although I felt so proud, my heart was breaking! Stupid flu! I just want to be myself so I can be an attentive Mommy again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so sorry dear! Being sick is the worst. Well actually having you and the baby sick at the same time is the worst so I will say extra prayers that he doesn't get sick. I hope you start feeling better soon. Oh and I think we should make a cut in Navarra. I have been sucking at practicing and I'm pretty sure I won't get it as perfected as I want it to be by April 23rd. Let me know when you start feeling better and we will get together.
ReplyDelete