Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sour for the Sweet

I enjoy baking occasionally and have recently started to explore different recipes online.  I've never been a sour cream person, however, these recipes that I have recently tried all contain sour cream.  These are now 3 of my new favorite recipes!  The sour cream seems to make these goodies so moist and soft that I can't get enough of them (which is why I only bake on occasion . . . ).  Check these recipes out!

Janet's Banana Bread
I love this recipe not only because Janet is my Grandma's name (although this isn't her recipe), but because it is so deliciously moist!  It is also easy to make (which I'm all about) and still turns out fine if I use a reduced fat sour cream.  I've had trouble with other recipes in the past with the bread caving in in the middle or never tasting like gets cooked all the way through.  I've never had those problems with this recipe!  Go sour cream!

White Almond Sour Cream Wedding Cake
I was first introduced to this recipe by my cousin, which means it has to be wonderful because everything she does is wonderful.  This cake is thick and moist. The recipe results in massive amounts of cake, so unless you want to make a layered beauty, I suggest in halving the recipe.  This cake tastes so amazing that if you're trying to be good, definitely half it.  The main instructions are for a white cake, but it comes with the directions how to turn it chocolate if you prefer.  Both taste so good.  The only thing difficult about this particular recipe is that it is not clear on cooking times.  Just make sure you're close by to watch!

Lofthouse Style Frosted Sugar Cookies
I have always loved the Lofthouse Sugar Cookies that you can buy at the grocery store. This recipe doesn't taste exactly like the real deal, but is still really delicious.  Actually, they have to be the best sugar cookies I've ever made.  I've always made my own frosting, but tried the recipe included with the cookies.  Heaven!  What a combination.  This recipe is definitely a keeper.  Thank you, sour cream.

My Valentine's Lofthouse Style Cookie


Happy Eating!

1 comment: