Tuesday, March 6, 2012

8 Months Old!

Russell turned 8 months old yesterday.  I can't believe it!  The time has flown by and I can't believe all of the changes he has made since he was born.  Here is what my little guy has been up too:
  • Russell has become a pro sitter.  He will sit for a long time especially if he has some fun toys to play with!



  • Russell has become very good at putting his binky in his mouth by himself.  He hasn't quite figured out how to do his bottle by himself, but it's okay with me because that means I can snuggle him!



  • Russell rolls and rolls and rolls and rolls.  It makes getting him dressed or changing his diaper a little tricky!  He hasn't tried to crawl yet, which is okay with me!  I know he'll figure it out.



  • Russell is becoming great at sleeping at night.  I've never considered him a horrible sleeper, but he's only gotten up twice in the last week and half or so.  Last night he slept 12 1/2 hours straight!  It was great!



  • Russell is starting to say his consonants like "da-da-da" and "ba-ba-ba."  Dallin likes this because it sounds like Russell is saying "Dada."


  • Russell is a very serious and curious boy.  If he goes somewhere outside of our house, he takes a long time looking around and taking everything in.  He does the same thing holding something he's never held before.  He will examine it along time before starting to suck on it or throwing it to the ground.



  • Russell loves to cough.  Seriously.  He will cough and cough and he finds it hysterical!  He loves to have "coughersations" with his Grandma Fidel.  They will cough back and forth at each other and he finds it so funny (ok, everyone does).



  • Russell has loved ceiling fans from day one.  The ceiling fan makes taking a shower or getting the laundry done pretty easy.  He gets a kick out of it!



  • Russell is camera shy (or camera curious?). Whenever he is doing something particularly adorable and I pull the camera out, he will immediately stop what he's doing and just stare at the camera.  It doesn't matter if it's my camera phone, still camera, or video camera.



  • Russell's hair is getting quite thick and long and goes really curly during bath times! 



  • Russell loves watching sports on TV, but he doesn't like watching them live.  He does not like the loud noises at all!  We took him to a University of Utah basketball game and he screamed the entire time we were there.  He hated the buzzer and the cheering fans.  Dallin and I laughed because we know that in the future he won't believe there was a time in his life where he didn't like going to basketball games.  He doesn't like loud noises like vacuums either.



There isn't a day that goes by that I don't count my blessings for being able to be the Mommy of such a terrific little boy.  He has made my life so happy and I am so lucky.


2 comments:

  1. I think this my favorite post yet! The look on his face for the curly hair picture is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Katie-- he is so cute. When I come to see Jewels' baby the second week of April, I would love for you and your mom to come down to Mapleton. Baby _______ and Russell should be friends.

    ReplyDelete